Whatever your preferences of summer activities, relaxing poolside, rigorous swimming, or racket sports, there are options for well-fitting and attractive clothing to meet your new requirements.
You may be in the phase of discovering how to wear breast forms, but don’t let that slow you down when the weather is beautiful. In our two-part series, use the guide below to help you address shopping basics, to shorten the process of looking for post-mastectomy fashions for the summer season.
1. Follow fashion, not fads.
Your style is a personal reflection of who you are. This is a time of your life that naturally lends to self-reflection and staying true to yourself. Rather than prioritizing trendy looks, remember that classic fashions that match your personality, are always in style.
2. Get the right undergarments.
If you are wondering how to choose the best breast prosthesis, considering the type of bra that you will wear is a good start. If you don’t want to wear bras that require inserts or extra bells and whistles, a ContourMed breast for is your best option. Here are our tips for how to wear our breast forms with almost any bra you want:
- Ask your bra fitter to show you bras made from fabrics designed to be breathable and help stay cool in hot weather.
- These days, bras come in a variety of colors and trims, so have some fun! Many brands that make mastectomy bras also make matching sets of panties in coordinating colors. While you don’t need to wear a mastectomy bra (or pocket bra) with ContourMed forms, it’s still good to know that you have options to coordinate your undergarments, whether they are made for mastectomy or not.
- Above all, get a bra that is light weight enough to be comfortable in the heat.
Some women say that getting the ideal bra remains the biggest garment challenge. But, a great bra does wonders during your search for dresses and blouses post-mastectomy, so make it your first mission to get the right bra.
3. Learn the secrets that other women are using.
Today, women searching for post-mastectomy fashions are in a much better position than in the past. There is a wealth of information shared among women who are tackling the same post-mastectomy lifestyle.
In fact, there is a strong sense of sisterhood among this large and growing population of women. You’re far from alone in the struggle for finding great clothes after mastectomy. So, by all means, locally, nationally, and internationally, tap into this amazing network resource of knowledge and support.
For additional information about your breast form options and how to choose the best breast prosthesis, contact ContourMed at 501-214-6080 and speak to an expert on these exceptional post-mastectomy prostheses.